Be ready and motivated to learn in school and benefit from early learning experiences!
School Preparatory Summer Program is a 1-month half day program that aims to equip children with ASD with monumental school readiness.
The program is designed to introduce children of 3-5 years old to multiple core skills areas in a fun, motivating and encouraging manner. With the target to promote growth and learning of children in diverse areas, the curriculum is developed to improve their learning-how-to learn skills, social and observational learning skills, self-help skills, play skills and more.
Through a variety of class activities and tasks, the program further provides great opportunities for children to develop independence, self-discipline and peer cooperation.
Targeted Skill Areas
Setting and Format
A classroom setup similar to most regular preschool classrooms, that includes various distractions and routines facilitate generalization and future integration.
Two sessions of parent observation meeting (30 mins each) will be provided by our consultant. The meetings will let parents understand their child’s current areas of strength and weakness and the progress and skills achieved during the program.
Highlights of the program
- Regular preschool classrooms setting facilitate generalization and future integration
- Well equipped with the necessary skills for school life
- Curricula designed and supervised by experienced AP consultant and conducted by professional clinical therapist team
- 3-5 years old
- No cognitive delay (IQ>80)
- With social and/or communication difficulties
- Verbal skills at or above development age 3
- Has been accepted in kindergarten
|Time||Mon – Fri afternoon (13:00 – 15:00)|
|Teacher to student ratio||1:3|
|Class size||6 students/Class|
|Program Period||Jul 20 – Aug 14 (4 weeks)|
*Prior to commencement of program, AP will arrange screening for each child. Screening date will be further scheduled with the parents.